Sunday, February 14, 2010

The time is here..... almost. Tonight is my last night in the house I have called home for the last three and a half years. Everything I have done today has begun or ended with the thought "this is the last time I will see or do this here."

For the past month and a half I have been putting aside my feelings about leaving my home, my boyfriend (ex), my friends and the beauty of the Napa Valley and Northern California. Not thinking about leaving things I care about has made it easier to deal with the process of moving back East. Emotions are messy. I imagine the dam will burst after I leave the driveway for the last time. But then again, maybe the excitement of the open road and no plan to be anywhere at any particular time will keep the sadness at bay. I have an adventure ahead of me. I am looking forward to meeting new people and seeing things I have never laid eyes upon.

Bittersweet. But mostly bitter, at this moment.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment