Monday, March 15, 2010

Turning Corners


The other day I crossed the line. Today I turned the corner. The feelings of regret, lost love and missed opportunity in Napa have subsided with my arrival on the East Coast. I am still 600 miles from my destination of Deerfield, New Hampshire. But it’s the East Coast and I am now in the same time zone as my family. I feel a sudden urge to hurry up and get home. I want to be there right now. Even though I am staying with good friends in Richmond, Virginia the call from home is being heard, like a little lost lamb finally hearing its mothers call. But I can’t leave here now. I want to see more grumblers and frame shops.

I have been traveling for four weeks and the lack of exercise and good nutrition has taken a toll. My brain is fried. I’m tired and emotionally drained. The last few blog entries have lacked anything good to read. It has all been boring. I couldn’t find the creativity needed to highlight HannaFate and Mikki’s visits the way I should have. I almost want to skip more shop visits. It would be a shame to show up and be half there.

Also, I need to find a stable home for the kitty. The poor cat has been such a good boy during all this. It is very likely it has been harder on me by just thinking he is not happy, than it actually has been for him. But if *I* think he’s not happy, then, he’s not happy. Can a cat be happy? Maybe? I do things for him because it makes me feel better. If you have ever truly loved an animal, then you understand.

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
-Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment